POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Help needed! Forest memory problems : Re: Help needed! Forest memory problems - I give up! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:28:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help needed! Forest memory problems - I give up!
From: Tek
Date: 19 Dec 2002 17:20:18
Message: <3e024622@news.povray.org>
Okay, I give up!

I've spent about 5 hours re-writing maketree to use only meshes, and it now
means I can do 200 trees before my computer starts grinding to a halt! :(

I'm gonna give up and do much more simple trees or something.

If anyone can show me some source that duplicates a complicated mesh (5MB .inc
file) several thousand times without using hundreds of meg then I might be able
to find out what's going wrong. But the deadline draws closer so I'll just have
to find another way :(

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com